To control the spread of the COVID 19 virus between provinces and districts people entering and leaving the Western Province will be subjected to rapid antigen testing from 12 noon today(April 29); Police Media Spokesman, DIG Ajith Rohana stated.
This will conduct as a joint operation of the Police, the Armed Forces and the Health Services.
Accordingly, the tests will be conducted at following selected locations and the public will be directed for a random rapid antigen test, the police spokesman said.
Places where the test are conducting
- Kochchikade Thoppuwa Bridge
- Kotadeniyawa Badalgama Bridge
- Nittambuwa Helagala Junction
- Giriulla Bridge in Mirigama
- Samanabedda Bridge in Dompe
- Hanwella Wanahagoda Bridge
- Aluthgama Benthara Bridge
- Thiniyawala Junction
- Ingiriya Ketakedella Bridge
- Baduraliya – Near Kalawana Saman Devalaya
- Gorakaduwa Avittawa Bridge in Meegahatenna Police Division
- Near Welipenna Interchange on the Southern Expressway