Lankan Org

Advertise in this website
Contact us: info@lankan.org

South Korea’s Covid virus spread is on the rise

 Foreign media have reported that the spread of the Covid virus has increased in South Korea. The number of cases has risen again since the South Korean government introduced conditions for a new generalization earlier this month aimed at keeping the country afloat with Covid. As of the last day, 3,292 new cases had been identified, the highest number in the country since the outbreak of the covid epidemic.  According to foreign reports, 82 per cent of South Korea’s population has been fully vaccinated.

An unusual stock of fish in Wadduwa worth a Crore.

A large stock of fish worth nearly Rs. 10 million was caught in two nets in the Wadduwa area yesterday (18). Even on the day of Poya, a large number of people came to buy fish and watch the event. Traders in lorries and tricycles came to buy fish in bulk. The fish caught in two nets were yellow paraw, kiralawa and alaguduwa. On other days the fish, which was sold at higher prices, was sold at a much lower price and the people could be seen eagerly buying the fish.

Teng Shui, the tennis star who has been missing since the allegations against the former Chinese Deputy Prime Minister

Popular Chinese tennis player Kyridika Peng Shui, who has been ranked 14th in the world, has been the subject of controversy in the foreign media. Following the news of her disappearance in the last few days, the Chinese state-run CGTN published an English-language e-mail saying she had written an e-mail stating that she had written in English.It says“The news, including allegations of sexual harassment, is not true. I’m not missing, nor am I insecure. I’m resting at home now, all is well. “ However, Steve Simon, head of the World Women’s Tennis Association (WTA), said he found it “unbelievable” that Peng himself had written the e-mail, adding that it “raised suspicions about her safety. ” Simon said no one had been directly involved with Peng since two weeks ago when he accused the 75-year-old former prime minister and Communist Party official Zhang Gaoli of forcing him to have sex on Chinese social media. Peng made headlines for the first time on November 2 with her personal Weibo account. (China’s most popular Facebook replacement site) when she posted a lengthy post alleging that she had a years-long relationship with Zhang Gaoli and that she was forced to have sex there. The Post revealed that Peng met him in 2011 in the port city of Tianjin and became acquainted with them. It has been revealed that he once invited Peng to bed once a year and then she worked to sever all ties. He has been in a high position in politics for 7 years and has not met at that time. He later said he tried to rekindle the relationship in 2018 after retiring from politics, and that he invited Peng to a dinner party with his wife, after which he forced her to have sex. Peng accused it of being a ‘bad relationship for three years and she admits in the post that there was ‘no evidence that the relationship ever happened because he was forced to keep it a complete secret. Her post ended: ‘I will speak the truth with you, as an egg is cast into a rock and a moth into a flame of self-destruction.’ Peng is a popular Chinese player who became the first Chinese player to be ranked No. 1 in the doubles rankings by the Women’s Tennis Association in 2014. She is currently ranked 14th in the global rankings. Her note was removed within 20 minutes of being uploaded to Weibo, which is closely monitored by the Chinese government. She is still missing. Weibo users are prohibited from posting anything about Peng or Zhang. The group, which represents Chinese human rights defenders, said the e-mail should not be “taken at face value” and that the Chinese government had a history of arbitrarily detaining people who linked the government or its officials to wrongdoing. Other tennis players have been at the forefront of Peng’s safety news, while Japanese tennis star Naomi Osaka says she is shocked by her sudden disappearance.

Private Bus stucked between railway gates

The photo shows a private bus travelling from Galle to Colombo entering the Bentota railway gate unscathed and getting stuck in the bus on the afternoon of the 18th. The bus was entered before one of the two gates was activated and the other gate was closed, thus preventing the bus from getting stuck and causing a train accident. The express train from Maradana to Beliatta is crossing the Bentota Galle Road and the private bus is stuck at the closed railway gates.

Corona clusters are emerging from five Districts

There is a tendency for corona infections to re-emerge in clusters in the Anuradhapura, Ampara, Hambantota, Matara and Galle districts, said the Director General of Health Services, Dr. Asela Gunawardena. In all these cases, clusters are reported through weddings, funerals, and other public gatherings, he said. Therefore, he urges the public to refrain from gathering as much as possible. Therefore, he urges the public to refrain from gathering as much as possible. 

Schools closed and travel restrictions again ..?

The spread of coronavirus among children is on the rise, said Dr Deepal Perera, a paediatrician at the Lady Ridgeway Children’s Hospital in Colombo. He added that the school system in the country could be closed again due to this situation. He said adults should be more careful about this and take steps to prevent the virus from taking home.He said adults should be more careful about this and take steps to prevent the virus from taking home. Meanwhile, Deputy Director-General of Health Services, Dr Hemantha Herath, Media Spokesman of the Ministry of Health stated that if the number of corona infections continues to rise, the school system will have to be closed first. He added that if the number of infected people increased further and there was no alternative, they would have to restrict travel restrictions.

BTS Time Capsule displayed in the Museum with the message of youth

If you’re a BTS fan for a long time, you should know that BTSs are now the Special Presidential Envoy in Korea. So with the special privileges they received, they not only attended the inaugural Youth Day ceremony in Korea as special guests but also had the opportunity to give a special speech at the event. So, marking the first day of the Korean Youth Day celebrations, they are given a lot of special messages to the future youth with the speech they made then. The event was held on September 19 this year under the patronage of Korean President Moon Jae-in at the Nekjiwon, a verdant garden at the Blue House, the Presidential Palace in Seoul. So in addition to this special story, another wonderful thing is happening that day. That is the purple box that BTS members present to the President. According to the information Inside that box, there are the details of their musical successes that the BTS band has achieved so far with BTS members’ messages for future youthhas been included. So this box is called a time capsule. A time capsule is a special container that is buried or placed at a specific location with material that is stored in what is now called a normal, to open it someday in the future. On that day it was decided to deposit this box in the National Museum of Contemporary Korean History, It is planned to open in 2039, the 20th Korean Youth Day So this time capsule was officially placed in the museum today for public display. That is November 17, 2021, So if you come to Seoul you can watch this Time capsule from today. Many people are saying that the messages that are included in the capsules in the minds of BTS members for future generations will be wonderful. It is said that they decided to open this time capsule 19 years from this year because they believe that the beginning of the youth is 19 years. And a lot of people think that this opening day will be very emotional. So, we hope to experience the emotional support and resonances that BTS music has given to people around the world through the BTS time capsule, which is a beautiful page in the history of world music, ”museum officials said. So in the next 19 years, all of our lives will change a lot, so BTS has written a wonderful message for us and the future generation after us. I think they told us to pursue our dream no matter how many obstacles come my way in the journey towards the purpose of lifeby the emotional speech, they made when the time capsule was handed over to the President.It’s their wish that we as their fans, will all be able to achieve our dream by hard work and dedication and moving towards the purpose of life follan owing them as an example by the time they open this time capsule. So it’s not too late for you yet. Start moving forward today for your dream.

Restaurant employee rescues boy from choking on chicken sandwich

 A video of an employee working at a restaurant in Wisconsin, USA trying to save a boy from suffocation due to something he ate has gone viral on the internet.Without any formal training, he performed a first aid procedure called Heimlich, which involves using the abdomen as a first aid procedure to treat a foreign object causing upper respiratory tract obstruction. He thus removed a large piece of chicken sandwich stuck in the boy’s throat. A video of the incident was recorded on a CCTV camera, which shows the servant passing by the boy and seeing the boy in trouble as he grabs his throat. Then he grabs him by the back and lifts him up, performing first aid Heimlich.The boy immediately throws away a piece of chicken sandwich. But there seems to be more obstruction in his throat. Therefore, when two anxious women look at them, the employee continues the process. One of them is the boy’s mother, and she tries to ask for help, but abandons the idea when she sees the man helping the boy. Meanwhile, the other woman calls the 911 emergency number. Fortunately, due to the intervention of the employee, the boy survived the sandwich suffocation. https://youtu.be/J4bN4jOJNpc

Stanley, the father of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, has been charged for sexual harassment

Stanley Johnson, the father of British Prime Minister Boris Johnson, has been accused by two women of sexually abusing him. One of them is a Conservative MP. The other woman is a journalist. Both of these cases are old, but have now come to the fore. Stanley Johnson, a politician and former member of the World Bank, has made headlines many times before. One of the women making the allegations is Caroline Knox, a Conservative MP and currently a member of the Committee on Women in the British Parliament. In an interview with Sky News, she made serious allegations that she had been molested by the British Prime Minister’s father. Caroline Knox alleges that Stanley touched her inappropriately. Later, a journalist made similar allegations. Caroline Knox said” I think Stanley is a famous personality. Stanley was a Conservative candidate in the Devon area at the time of the incident. He touched me inappropriately and he behaved rudely and left. He also posted obscene comments to me.” According to her, the incident took place in 2003 during the party’s annual meeting. “At that time we were both going to contest the election. By the time I was about 30, I understood the good and the bad but was scared.” Responding to a question, Knox said: ” I consider it my duty to talk about such incidents. This is because if something like this happens to anyone in the future, a voice can be raised against it. I could not do that at that time, but if I remain silent today, my daughter will have to remain silent. So what is the right thing for us to decide, and where should we go?” According to Knox, keeping silent against such antics is an encouragement to the wrong people. Following the serious allegations by Caroline Knox, New Statesman senior journalist Elibe Ray made a similar complaint. She spoke on social media platforms. She said- “In 2019 a convention of the Conservative Party was held. During this time, Stanley has behaved in a similarly abusive manner with me. I thank Knox for giving me the courage to tell the truth. We have the right to speak out against the wrongdoings of every powerful person, even if he is the father of the Prime Minister. “ This is what Boris’ father Stanley said about Knox’s allegations. “I don’t remember anything about Knox, but that’s how it all happens. That’s why I don’t want to answer.”