A power cut today?

 The Electricity Board says that it will announce at noon today (22) whether there will be a power cut. The Board stated that the fuel available at the Sapugaskanda Power Plant will be sufficient for a few more hours to generate electricity.  Accordingly, the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation has been instructed to provide fuel and there is no need to cut off electricity if they supply fuel, the CEB said. However, the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation has so far provided 10,000 metric tons of diesel to the Kelanitissa power plant for power generation.  Meanwhile, it is reported that no agreement has been reached yet regarding the appointment of Dr. DCR Abeysekera as the Acting General Manager of the Ceylon Electricity Board.
Great victory for Sri Lanka

Sri Lanka won the third and final ODI against Zimbabwe easily yesterday (21). Accordingly, the Sri Lanka Cricket team won the three-match ODI series between the touring Zimbabwe team and the Sri Lanka team. Zimbabwe set a target of 255 for victory over Sri Lanka in the final ODI. Zimbabwe were bowled out for 70 in 24 overs with four balls to spare.
National Hospital is full of covid patients

It is reported that all the High Dependency Unit (HDU) beds of the Colombo National Hospital are full of covid patients. Dr. Anthony Mendis, Specialist in the Intensive Care Unit of the hospital stated this at a media briefing held yesterday (21). Commenting further on this, the doctor said, “As the number of people in the society increases, a certain percentage of them come to the ICU. The higher the number, the larger the percentage. The best solution is to get vaccinated. As we have seen in the news broadcasts, the number of covid positives is increasing day by day. That means there is a wave in the country. This wave cannot be said to be absent. Because at present the Colombo National Hospital has two High Dependency Units. The beds here are firmly in the budget range. We didn’t even have seen a quarter of this time for this until a week ago. “
Scholarship examination is today

The Grade Five Scholarship Examination which was scheduled to be held in the year 2021 will be held today (22). Accordingly, 340,508 candidates will appear for the scholarship examination this year, said the Commissioner General of Examinations, LMD Dharmasena. The examination is scheduled to be held at 2,943 examination centres and 108 special centres this year. The Commissioner General of Examinations stated that even in the face of the covid-19 catastrophe, no child has been treated unfairly and that children who have been infected and quarantined by covid have been facilitated to sit for the examination under a special system.
The schedule for the Twenty20 Cricket World Championship is unveiled

The 2022 Twenty20 Cricket World Championships kicks off in October in Australia. The preliminary round of the tournament starts on October 16 and the first match will be played between Sri Lanka and Namibia in Geelong. Four teams from the preliminary round will qualify for the Super 12 round, which will take place on October 22 at the Sydney Stadium. The world champions Australia and New Zealand will compete there. 0The much-anticipated India-Pakistan match is scheduled to be played on October 23 at the Melbourne Stadium.
Unconditional love made the suspected doctor set a bomb in the hospital- My wife died because the hospital didn’t accept my wife:doctor

When questioned by the police about the bombing of a private hospital in Narahenpita, the suspected retired doctor had said that his wife had died of coronary heart disease in 2021 and had tried to be admitted to Nawaloka Hospital when his condition worsened but was unable to do so and chose Lanka Hospital in Narahenpita. The doctor said that the hospital had treated his wife well but that her condition had worsened and she had died. It is said that the bomb was planted not out of hatred but to give publicity to the hospital due to the news of the bombing. The retired doctor has also admitted that money had been given to the person concerned from time to time for the bombing activities. He had told the police that the wedding ring on the doctor’s finger was also special and that he had put his wife’s ashes in the ring due to his boundless love for her. Meanwhile, UNP politician Oshala Herath, the son of a 75-year-old retired doctor, told a news conference yesterday that all these allegations were untrue that there was never a guard at his house and that the weapons were taken by the doctor’s grandson’s toys. He also said that from the moment his father was arrested, they suspected that his father was a man of insane behaviour. “I was not allowed to speak a word with my father at that moment. Dad was taken to a separate place at home. When I said I wanted to talk, I could not wait to talk right now. Then they said your dad has a problem with his brain. That he has been at odds with society since the day his mother passed away. After my mom passed away, my dad’s only job was to look after the house. It was because of my grandson that he was laughing a little at home.” He said. “They pressured me to take my sister, my wife and my son with me.” He further said Police have stated that they are conducting further inquiries regarding the arrested doctor.
The 17-year-old girl runs to the police in the morning claiming that her mother and father had beaten her

It is reported that a 17-year-old girl from the Kanda area had come to the police in school uniform the morning. She has said that her father and mother continue to beat her and that the issue should be resolved. She said the problem arose when she was getting ready to go to school and that even though it was a minor incident, they were harassing her unnecessarily. During the interrogation conducted by the Beruwala Police, it has been revealed that the student who was assaulted was an O / L student of a junior school in the Beruwala Police Division. She stated that her father was a Deputy Director of Civil Defense and that her mother did not work. Her finger was injured in the attack, police said. The student had not eaten breakfast when she arrived at the police station and the police had also treated her to food and drinks and it was reported that her parents had been brought in by noon to resolve her problem.
Red light from the health sector

Health officials warn that dengue is spreading in the country. It is reported that more than 5,000 dengue patients have been identified so far in January alone. Nimanka Panilahetti, a community medicine specialist at the National Dengue Control Unit, said that about 60 percent of the dengue cases reported so far have been reported from the Western Province
A confession from the man who planted the grenade to explode in the church – The church priest didn’t allow the morning wedding ceremony because the bride is a Buddhist women

The 75-year-old retired doctor who was arrested in connection with the incident has admitted before the Colombo Crimes Division that he had planned to plant a grenade in the manner of an explosion at the All Saints Church in Borella. Statements recorded so far have revealed that he had a feud with the church. According to police sources, he has also revealed that he was involved in a previous grenade attack on a private hospital in Narahenpita. The 75-year-old retired doctor who was arrested in connection with the grenade planting incident at the All Saints Church in Borella has revealed several important pieces of information to the Colombo Crimes Division. During lengthy interrogations, he stated that he had married a Buddhist woman in 1974 at the All Saints Church. The suspect had said that he was upset that the priest who was present at the church at that time had not given him the pooja for the wedding ceremony in the morning due to his wife’s conversion to Buddhism. According to police sources, the doctor had confessed that his colleague had planted the bomb in the All Saints Church.
Renuka Perera has been appointed as the new Chairman of Milco

Renuka Perera has been appointed as the new Chairman of Milco. He also serves as the Administrative Secretary of the Sri Lanka People’s Front. Several media outlets had reported that Lasantha Wickremasinghe, who had been its chairman until now, had been removed from his post. Accordingly, Lasantha Wickremasinghe addressing a media briefing yesterday morning stated that he too came to know about the appointment of a new chairman through the media.
