The grade 5 Scholarship is onJan.22 and the Advanced Level Feb. 07

The Grade 5 scholarship examination which was scheduled to be held last year but was postponed due to the corona epidemic will be held on January 22, the Examinations Department said. Arrangements have been made to conduct the scholarship examination this year at 2,943 examination centers. The GCE Advanced Level Examination 2021 will be held from February 7 to March 5 at 2,438 examination centers islandwide, the Examinations Department said. The Department of Examinations has issued a special statement stating that the relevant authorities have been instructed to carry out dengue control fumigation activities in the schools where examination centers have been set up during the period of these examinations.
An Australian city dried up due to high temperature

The highest temperature ever recorded in Australia was 50.7 degrees Celsius in Onslow, Australia. The temperature in Onslow, Western Australia on the 13th was the highest in South Australia in 1962, according to foreign reports. Large wildfires were reported in Western Australia last The Meteorological Department confirmed that the maximum temperature was recorded at 02:26 pm on the 13th. The average temperature in Onslow at this time of year should be 36.5 degrees Celsius.
1700 containers of essential goods stucks at the port

Nearly 1,700 containers of essential goods have been stranded at the Port of Colombo for more than two months due to the shortage of dollars in the country. The Association of Importers of Essential Commodities says that this situation has arisen due to the delay in issuing dollars to the banks by the Central Bank of Sri Lanka. The union points out that despite discussions with government officials, including the ministers in charge of the subject, on several occasions, a just solution to the issue of dollars has not yet been reached. It is said that there is a shortage of goods in the country due to the inability to release the essential goods stuck in the Colombo port and that situation will be seen in the future.
The teacher-principal another request fulfilled

A gazette notification has been issued to make teacher-principal services closed services. The relevant gazette notification has been issued with the signature of the Secretary to the Ministry of Education Prof. Kapila Perera. Accordingly, the Principal Service, Teacher Advisory Service and Teacher Service have been made a closed service with effect from 30.08.2021. The relevant gazette notification states that the powers and provisions relating to appointments, promotions, discipline, transfers and other institutional matters will continue to be effective for the respective services at present. Also, the authorities can inquire about the specific salary structure that is unique to each service and revise it as appropriate.
If you tell the media that organic farming is a failure Rs. 300,000 will be given

Representatives of farmers’ organizations told Agriculture Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage that some people were prepared to pay Rs. 300,000 for expressing their views to the media on the failure of organic farming. They also pointed out that there were various influences and conspiracies in the implementation of organic paddy cultivation in line with government policy. Representatives of farmers’ organizations stated this when they met Minister Mahindananda Aluthgamage at the Ministry of Agriculture. Farmers’ representatives representing all 25 districts were present at the meeting.
If the fuel composition is changed it is a heinous crime

Weerasumana Weerasinghe, Member of Parliament for the Sri people’s Front states that it would be a criminal offense to change the fuel composition for profit. He was responding to a media query that there were allegations that the fuel composition of the country had been altered. ‘People are now afraid of oil because of the catastrophe caused by the made-up in gas composition. The gas crisis is really a made up one. It would be a canal offence to change the composition of the oil in the primary way for profit.
The latest announcement about the power cut

The Ceylon Electricity Board says that there will be no power cuts today (15). The Ceylon Electricity Board (CEB) said it was taking action after receiving 3,000 metric tons of diesel from the Ceylon Petroleum Corporation for power generation. In a special request, they said that consumers should use electricity sparingly.
A special Notice to train passengers

The Railway Station Masters’ Association states that the train service will resume from today (15). The President of the union Sumedha Somaratne stated that the immediate strike action which commenced yesterday (14) afternoon was suspended yesterday afternoon. However, if the administration does not take action to restore the train service, they will engage in trade union action without causing any inconvenience to the public in the future, he said. Meanwhile, the Vice President of the OICs’ Association who had taken disciplinary action on charges of obstruction of duty has been appointed to the service, said General Manager of Railways Dhammika Jayasundara. The General Manager of the Railways also stated that money will be given for the pre-booked permits which were canceled due to the immediate strike by the OICs. Dhammika Jayasundara further stated that although the train service today is running normally, there could be some delays.
Part of the Central Expressway opened to the public

The section of the Central Expressway from Mirigama to Kurunegala will be vested in the public today (15). The ceremony will be presided over by President Gotabhaya Rajapaksa. The section of the second phase of the Central Expressway from Mirigama to Kurunegala is 40.91 km long. The expressway has been constructed in such a way as to minimize the environmental and social impact of the expressway, bypassing the urban areas, mainly through vacant lands. Built under four lanes, this road section from Mirigama to Kurunegala has been identified as the most beautiful expressway section in Sri Lanka. Five Interchange Centers with Payment Counters have been set up at Mirigama, Nakalagamuwa, Dambokka, Kurunegala and Yaggapitiya. 137 billion has been spent for this.
Kusal Mendis rejoins the team

Kusal Mendis will be the opening batsman for Sri Lanka in the ODI series against Zimbabwe starting on the 16th. Dasun Shanaka, captain of the Sri Lanka ODI cricket team said so. He was addressing a media briefing on the tournament. “Kusal Mendis will be playing as the opening batsman. Niroshan Dikwella has been brought in to play if any player gets injured or gets infected with covid 19. Dinesh Chandimal and Kusal Mendis are there to keep the wickets. The decision will be taken soon.”
