The World Health Organization (WHO) has called an emergency meeting due to the new corona variety found in South Africa

The risk is increasing due to the new corona variety found in South Africa and Botswana. The World Health Organization (WHO) has called an emergency meeting on today. British scientists have already warned of this new variety. It has 32 mutations, so they think that even the vaccine is not effective against it. This variant spreads rapidly by modifying the corona ‘spike protein’. The National Institute of Infectious Diseases of South Africa says 22 cases of the virus have been detected in the country so far, with a total of 59 worldwide. Scientists have named it B.1.1.529, which describes it as a species of serious concern. Dr. Maria Van Kerkhove, WHO’s Head of Technology at Covid19, said: “We have not received much information on this variant. The behavior of the virus is changing due to multiple mutations and this is a matter of concern. Britain has suspended flights to and from six African countries due to the threat of the new variant. These countries include South Africa, Namibia, Botswana, Zimbabwe, Lesotho and Swatini. . Sajid Javed, Britain’s health secretary, said the country’s health agency was investigating the new strain. We need more data, but we’re taking precautions now. These 6 African countries will be redlisted and visitors to Britain will have to be quarantined. The virus has also been found in people who came to Hong Kong from South Africa. The new variant was first discovered by two people staying at the Regal Airport Hotel in the country. According to the Hong Kong Center for Health Care (CHP), the investigation revealed that both cases were of type B.1.1.529. According to the Hong Kong Center for Health Care (CHP), the investigation revealed that both cases belong to the B.1.1.529 variant. The first person was wearing a face mask with an air valve and the second person was infected with the virus by touching the mask. All airports in India have also been instructed to check in passengers arriving from Hong Kong and Botswana. The central government has instructed the states to pay special attention.
The Afghan girl who was in the National Geographic’s famous photo has arrived to Italy

The “green-eyed Afgan girl” from National Geographic’s famous cover photo has arrived in Italy as part of the Taliban’s expulsion of western Afghans following the Taliban takeover of the country. The Italian government announced on Thursday that the well-known green-eyed “Afghan girl” from National Geographic magazine had arrived in Italy as part of the evacuation of western Afghans following the Taliban’s takeover of the country. Gulla became internationally known as an Afghan refugee girl in 1984, after her photograph of war photographer Steve McCurry with piercing green eyes appeared on the cover of National Geographic. McCurry rediscovered her in 2002. The statement said that the Italian government would now help bring her into Italian life. She arrived in Pakistan in 2014 but went into hiding when authorities accused her of buying a fake Pakistani identity card and ordered her deportation. The office of Prime Minister Mario Duragi said that Italy had organized the removal of Sharbat Gulla after she was asked to help her leave the country. She flew to Kabul, where the president hosted a reception for her at the presidential palace and handed her the keys to a new apartment. Italy was one of the few western countries where hundreds of Afghans were flown out of the country after the departure of US troops and the Taliban in August.
Australian Test cricket captain resigns after being caught sending obscene SMS to a woman

Australia Test captain Tim Payne has resigned as captaincy. This is due to the fact that he was caught sending obscene sexual messages to a female maid. According to the complaint received, the Australian Cricket Board investigated the sending of obscene text messages to a female employee and he was found guilty. It was then that Payne decided to resign. I announce my decision to step down as captain of the Australian men’s Test team. ” “It was an incredibly difficult decision, but one that was right for me, my family, and for Cricket.” ,He said at a press conference in Hobart. ‘My actions do not match the standards of an Australian cricket captain or the wider community. I’m deeply sorry for the inconvenience. I’m sorry for the inconvenience this has caused to my wife, my family and the rest of us, and I’m sorry for any harm this may do to the reputation of our sport, ”he added. Tim Payne has been replaced by Pat Cummins as Test captain, and the change comes two weeks before the start of the Ashes.
NASA change the orbits of two asteroids orbiting close to Earth

It is reported that Nasteroidshe United States took action to change the orbits of two asteroid orbiting close to Earth’s orbit using two spacecraft aims to them This is organized as a key opportunity to protect the Earth from such asteroid fragments that may pose a threat to the Earth in the future. The spacecraft was scheduled to take off from Vandenberg Space Force Headquarters in California at 6:21 a.m. Wednesday, Earth time. NASA used a rocket belonging to the country’s private space agency SpaceX for the mission. The test mission and the aircraft are named DART – Double Astthe period Redirection Test. The cost of the operation is estimated at US $ 330 million. Here, one of them changes the path of the spacecraft is called Dimorphos. It is about 160 meters long, twice the length of the Statue of Liberty in New York. Scientists have speculated that the asteroid may hit Earth around next year. This is because they are as close as 11 million kilometers to Earth. However, scientists estimate that there are about 15,000 more asteroids size moving closer to Earth than this known size. According to the scientists, these 460 feet long asteroids collide with the Earth every 20,000 years.
Albert Einstein’s manuscript for a study has sold for $ 15 million

Well-known German scientist Albert Einstein’s manuscript for a study has reportedly sold for $ 15 million. The sale took place recently at Christie’s Auction House in Paris. The 54-page manuscript is said to contain his calculations on the law of relativity. Accordingly, this has been identified as a very rare manuscript. There are reportedly two such manuscripts in the world, one of which has been auctioned off in Paris. According to the auction house, the manuscript was expected to sell for between $ 2.4 million and $ 3.5 million, but this has risen to $ 15 million. It is said that the purchase was made by an unnamed person who came to the auction over the phone.
What happened to Melania Trump?

Melania Trump, America’s former first lady who once made headlines in the world’s mainstream media, is now living a quiet life. Ever since she and Donald Trump left the White House in January, various rumors have been circulating. Some said she was going to divorce him. But that has not happened yet. She has been restricted from appearing in public and has remained largely silent. Donald is still creating news from his office, but Melania is quietly doing her own thing and campaigning to raise awareness about children and mental health. Trump hinted last month that he would seek re-election to the presidency in 2024, and the media was keen to seek Melania’s response. But she refused to pay media attention until she could not act like her husband. Not interested in returning to Washington.
Priyanka Chopra and Nick Jonas filed for a divorce?

Former Miss World and Bollywood actress Priyanka Chopra is married to a foreigner named Nick Jonas, who is much younger than her. There were rumors that the 38-year-old actress and her 28-year-old husband had been having an affair for some time. Rumors have been circulating in recent days that she is ready to part ways with him. This was due to a note she left on social media. She did not say goodbye to him. Meanwhile, Nick Jonas has removed his wife Priyanka’s name from his posts on Instagram, Facebook and Twitter. Fans immediately began to speculate that the divorce was permanent. Meanwhile, Priyanka Chopra’s mother Madhu Chopra has made a statement saying that all the rumors circulating about her daughter’s separation from her husband Nick Jonas are fake. She also urged Internet users to refrain from spreading falsehoods.
Special team to inspect the quality of East province Bridge ferries

Eastern Province Governor Anuradha Yahampath said that a special team will be dispatched to inspect the quality of all bridge ferries currently in operation in the Eastern Province. She was responding to a question raised by a journalist when she visited the Kinniya Hospital this morning (25) to see the injured who were being treated at a hospital in Kirinjankerni, Kinniya. The Police, the Engineering Division of the Provincial Road Development Authority and the Navy will be included in this special team.
Electrical engineers trade union action started from 12 today

The CEB Engineers’ Union has commenced a trade union action against the transfer of shares in the Kerawalapitiya Power Plant from noon today.
Three white men convicted of murdering a black man

The jury has found the three white men guilty of killing Ahmed Arbury, who shocked the United States. Accordingly, Gregory McCall, Travis Michael and William Roddy Bryan were convicted of maliciously murdering the black youth. All three defendants face up to life in prison. Ahmed Arbury, then 25, was shot and killed by a group of men who chased him while he was exercising on the road. The shooting, which took place on February 23, 2020 in Brunswick, Georgia, was interpreted as a racist assassination following the release of a video showing the scene of the shooting. The international media said that the judge did not specify the date of sentencing of the three accused.
